Fundraise with a Campaign
Our campaigners have done some pretty amazing things to raise funds for our military families. And, they’re thinking of new things to do every day.
You can do anything to raise money.
Need some inspiration? Here are a few of the campaigns we will never forget as well as some new ideas too!
- Ask for donations instead of gifts and your wedding will change lives.
- Ask friends and family to donate in honor of your birthday. (See Mark Coplen’s birthday campaign.)
- Challenge yourself (and your friends) to race for military families. (Check out UTR advocate and Board Trustee, Sean McHugh’s Tough Mudder race and how it impacted UTR.)
- Set up a lemonade stand to support United Through Reading.
- Create a campaign that makes sense to you. It can be anything! The goal is to create impact however you can in a way that you can enjoy!
What will you do?
Make a Planned Gift
Consider the tax benefits of using a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) contributing appreciated assets or including United Through Reading as part of your estate plan. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for general information; contact your financial professional or tax advisor for detailed information.
Participate in the Combined Federal Campaign
Support Our Service Members Through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC)
Federal employees can donate to the nonprofit of their choice through the annual Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) – Designate #11393. Show your support of America’s service members and military families by designating United Through Reading as a recipient of your CFC contribution. Your donations help us connect military families through the read aloud experience.