Military Appreciation Month
May 3, 2016
On May 1st we begin the celebration of our brave service members and their families with the start of Military Appreciation Month. The month kicks off with Loyalty Day on May 1st, Military Spouse Appreciation Day May 6th, VA Day May 8th, Armed Forces Day May 21st, and closes with Memorial Day on May 30th. This very important month honors, remembers, recognizes and appreciates all military personnel; those men and women who have served throughout our history, all who now serve in uniform including their families, and those Americans who have given their lives in defense of the freedoms we all enjoy today.
This month recognizes those on active duty in all branches of the services, the National Guard and Reserves, retirees, veterans, and all of their families – well over 90 million Americans and more than 235 years of our nation’s history. United Through Reading is proud to announce that in honor of this month BAE Systems and Day & Zimmermann employees are supporting United Through Reading through donations which honor the brave women and men who defend the values we cherish — and their families who serve alongside them.
Please join them and show your support:
- If you see a veteran, or someone in uniform, simply say thank you.
- Thank a local troop by taking a picture of you, signing it, and writing a message to thank them for their service and send in by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or posting it to our Facebook page. We will then include them in our next shipment of books.
- Donate in honor of a specific service member or to all of those who serve by going to www.unitedthroughreading.org/donate.
- Purchase tickets to United Through Reading’s Tribute to Military Families taking place on May 25th in Washington DC at https://utr.ejoinme.org/2016TMFtickets.
- Visit http://www.unitedthroughreading.org/giving/get-involved/ to find out how you can help serve through volunteering.